1. increase the preaching of the gospel.
2. Accord with the complete diversity of biblical teaching.
3. Be in keeping with the nice, gracious, holy and merciful nature of God.
4. motivate Christlike behaviour in Christians.
5. Be coherent, moderate, and ethical.
6. aid ecumenism and hold the truths present in the church buildings’ ancient atonement teaching.
Traditional atonement theories fall brief at a number of pints in this record and fail to interact effectively with the entire diversity of concerns, such as:
a) Human accountability for sin.
b) Forgiveness and reconciliation.
c) Justice and punishment.
d) Sacrifice and atonement.
f) Goodness, mercy and holiness.
g) Evil in nature.
These lists outline the integrity and comprehensiveness of an atonement concept. the writer units a excessive regular for his new version of the atonement yet proceeds to exploit a few unorthodox tips on how to derive a version he calls Lumen Christi. the writer employs the instruments of serious reasoning and attracts on quite a lot of theological works in an cutting edge method of the matter. The version proposed is multifaceted, yet in contrast to others that try and mix the normal theories, Lumen Christi takes a totally assorted route.
The e-book is fantastically illustrated with Australian aboriginal art and encompasses a absolutely hyperlinked Scripture Index. The ebook is a hundred and seventy pages plus 102 pages of Scripture Index and finish matter.
Read or Download Achieving Atonement PDF
Best theology books
Through the post-Vatican I interval, throughout the Church's anti-Modernist crusade, Roman Catholic students remoted St. Thomas Aquinas's philosophical theology from its neo-Platonism, and different students have additionally tended to regard some of the elements of his Summa Theologiae with out regard to their ancient context.
St. Augustine used to be definitely one of many nice thinkers of the early church. but it has lengthy been assumed--and now not with no reason--that the most traces of Augustine's concept were kind of mounted in view that his demise. That insofar as we should always concentrate on him within the twenty-first century, he's a determine described-if now not circumscribed--by his occasions.
Probes Christian knowledge and modern concept to us "give an accounting for the desire" that's inside of us (1 Peter 3:15) in and unsure times.
We current the Triple wisdom sequence by way of Herman Hoeksema, produced in a ten-volume set, as initially released by means of Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing corporation starting in 1943. placing this sequence again into the ten volumes—the approach Rev. Hoeksema divided them—will convey the reader towards the subjects represented within the Heidelberg Catechism.
- Shiva: Stories and Teachings from the Shiva Mahapurana
- The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ The Original Text of Nicolas Notovitch's 1887 Discovery
- The Doctrine of Justification: An Outline of its History in the Church and of its Exposition from Scripture
- Light of the World: John's Gospel as Narrative Theology (Chapters 1-12) (The Word Made Flesh)
- Journal of Biblical Theology Volume 3
- The Mythology of Science
Extra resources for Achieving Atonement