Vanishing White Matter disease (VWM) is a very rare neurological condition that destroys myelin, the brain’s white matter. In doing so, it permanently affects transmission of brain signals to the rest of the body. VWM primarily affects children and is untreatable, incurable and terminal.
In 2016, the VWM Families Foundation was formed to raise awareness of VWM, to raise money for research and to support families living with VWM within the United States and worldwide.
It is up to the VWM Families Foundation to raise the money to keep these projects going. We have an ambitious goal of raising $1 million in the next year. We are so grateful for all the efforts and contributions to date and know with your help we will reach our goal.
Insurance doesn’t cover it and there is little state funding. 1 year is life or death for children with VWM.
Please Donate Today
To help families with VWM
- Purchase necessary medical equipment not covered by insurance
- Purchase specialty vans necessary to carry wheelchairs and support disabled children
- Support the costs of adapting a home for wheelchair access
- Support the travel for medical treatment
- Support attendance at Leukodystrophy conferences so families can learn about the best options for their children